Monday, May 11, 2009

A soup day...err week

The Weather lately reminds me of November in Michigan: cold, and windy, with rain splatter on the windows. Today is a day where it takes motivation to leave the house, and when November you hope that the rain is going to turn to sleet, and then to snow, but at this time of year you'll cry if it does. 

To make it all better, I made soup. 
Joel has been wanting chicken barley soup for a while now and so I thought that with the extra time I have from NOT studying, I could make it for him.


I made this last night, and we have LOTS of left overs. I put some in individual containers for Joel to grab and take to school. I think by the end of this week, he could be sick of soup. I know, I know, sounds IMPOSSIBLE for Joel.  


Here's my lunch today, the candle is helping me cope with the weather. 

2 comments:

  1. Yumm, sounds great. I love soup all year round. Today I had split pea soup. Also made this weekend and put into lunch sized containers. You are such a good wife. I wish I could have sat across the table from you and enjoyed your candle and helped you feel a little bit of sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, too! Soup makes the world go round! Good for what ails you!

    ReplyDelete