Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm a Working Woman!



I got a summer job! 
Starting in June I will be a camp counselor at "Camp Habitat". It's an ecology day camp. I can bike to work, which is located at Creamers Field. Creamers field is a migratory stopping point for many bird species including geese and sandhill cranes. I am excited to work with kids and teach about and explore  the great outdoors!

Here is a link to about the camp habitat program
http://www.northern.org/programs/camp-habitat

A Picture of Creamer's Field Farm

The Farm used to be owned by the "Creamer's Family" which I think is a bit ironic, because they had dairy cows. 

Some Sandhill Cranes at Creamers Field

I just saw one of these flying and squawking (mating call) today. Forget about Robins, the long-term locals say that the presence of sandhill cranes is a significant sign that spring is here. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your job, Julia!

    You are a wonderful writer! I giggled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julia I am so excited for you. Such a great schedule and a great job for the summer. Enjoy teaching all the kids the great parts of science!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! you'll be singing the 'habitat' song for years to come...trust me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be a great little huckleberry, there at Creamers!

    ReplyDelete