Friday, April 24, 2009

What Do You Do On A Sick Day?



Sleep Of Course!

Joel took a sick day today because he had some doctors appointments this morning, and didn't think it made much sense to try to catch the last couple hours of school. We'll call this one more of a "mental health" day. Today is Spring Fest at UAF and all students and professors have the day off from classes. It has been nice to spend a Friday with Joel. I'll admit that just a few minutes ago I was snuggling next to him. I have heard that people in our apartment complex are a little jealous of us because we have such a nice couch. How we got so lucky? I don't know, but we sure do use it!

Also, we recently rearranged our living room. Before the change my desk was against the windows where the couch is now. Joel and I like the new arrangement much better. This week he said, "I like working next to you" rather than having his back to me.



Lastly....What does your wife do on a sick day?

Cook of course: first summer food of the season. Pasta Salad!



4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear there isn't any real sickness going on for you guys. And Yumm, I wish the pasta was rice pasta and I could enjoy a bite. Looking forward to seeing the new changes to the apt. Maybe tomorrow. Have fun at the shower tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd cook pasta salad...but we got more snow today. INCHES! Not cool, man, not cool.

    Thanks for taking care of my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great apartment with lots more room! Joel looks very comfortable resting.

    I'm glad that you two could have some time together! Yummy food, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Julia...I thought I was OVER the furniture....I mean, when Andrew and Melissa lived there I struggled, but I thought I was over it..... :) You do have GREAT couches!!!!

    ReplyDelete