Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Farm

Joel and I were both fortunate to grow up on country farms. During a trip to Mayo clinic Joel and I were able to visit some of his relatives and return to the farm where he spent much of his first 12 years as a little boy. This farm is where his grandpa raised cattle and pigs, and held a never forgotten corn harvest celebration. Joel's Aunt is now living on the farm with her husband and two children. We feel very blessed to be able to go back an visit from time to time. 

This is the farm house. It's super cool with a big wood stove.

The barn.

The Silo

Joel played school with his grandma in the top of this building.


I like this picture

2 comments:

  1. Great Pictures and what wonderful memories. I am so glad you got to visit with Joel's extended family. I have the most wonderful memories of visiting my grandparent's farm in western NY. The barns and the corn fields were great places to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip araound the farm, Julia, and that you could see it in the quiet winter sun!

    ReplyDelete